A tasty take on traditional potato toppings, perfect for any summer barbecue and features ingredients that everyone will love.
- 4 Sweet Potatoes
- 2 Chicken Breasts
- 1 tsp Chives
- 1 tbsp Green Onions
- 1 tbsp Red Onions
- 1 tbsp Tessemae’s BBQ Sauce
- Marinade the chicken breasts in the Tessemae’s BBQ Sauce for a few hours before you cook if you’d like. Or you could also buy a rotisserie chicken to save time before hand, it’s totally up to you. If you cook the chicken at home, preheat the oven to 445, and cook the chicken for 45 minutes, or until it reaches an internal temperature of 165.
- While the chicken is cooking, thoroughly wash the sweet potatoes. Place the sweet potatoes on a pan and place in the oven for 45 minutes, or until you can pierce the skin with a fork. Once these are done, let them cool. That skin will burn your hand something good if you try to touch them out of the oven.
- Once the potatoes are cooled, use a steak knife to cut a line in the shape of a C down the sweet potato (this will make it easier to stuff)
- Shred the chicken, and stuff inside of the sweet potatoes. Place all other desired toppings, and finish off with the barbecue sauce.