These Paleo Stuffed Peppers are the perfect Whole 30 friendly meal for Taco Tuesday or any meal of the week! Using minimal ingredients, they are the perfect quick weeknight meal the whole family can enjoy!
I can’t believe we’re already halfway through August! I mean I’m glad that summer is almost over because in California summertime is like walking on the sun, but it’s crazy how quick this year is flying by. All the kiddos are starting to head back to school, and that means that time crunches for meals are gonna get a little tighter. These paleo stuffed peppers are the perfect meal for busy families because well, it practically cooks itself.
When I get home from work the last thing I want to do is cook. That’s why Crockpots and Instant pots are pretty much the greatest thing ever. Right before you walk out the door for work, toss it, set it and forget it until you get home, I am all for that.
Paleo Stuffed Peppers
I use ground beef for these stuffed peppers, but you can really use any meat you want. Allow a little more in my budget for getting grass-fed, organic, sustainably raised meat because it’s something I place a priority on when it comes to groceries. I know what went into the food that I am cooking for my family, and that’s important to me. When I hit up the store and it’s on sale, you better believe I stock up. Keep an eye on deals at your local grocery stores, I know Sprouts has deal on grass-fed meat every now and then. There’s also farm to door delivery services such as ButcherBox that delivers meat from local farms directly to your door. I don’t subscribe to it, but it you feed a soccer team daily, it may be worth looking in to.
What’s great about these peppers is that there isn’t much left to prepare after the meat is cooked. Scooping the seeds out of the peppers isn’t my favorite thing in the world, but I’ll take the trade-off. You can work on cutting the peppers while the cauliflower rice is in the steamer to cut down on time. Pop the paleo stuffed peppers in the oven for 10 minutes, and dinner is served. I absolutely love Primal Palate’s line of spices, especially their Taco Seasoning, and that’s what I use for the meat and cauliflower rice stuffing.
These paleo stuffed peppers are fun for the whole family to make. They only need to be in the oven for a short time, which for my fellow Californians, is a bonus!Print
- 1 1/2 lb grass fed beef, or meat of choice
- 1 bag of cauliflower rice
- 1 tsp Primal Palates Taco Seasoning
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 3 peppers
- 1/2 cup green onions
- 1/4 cup red onions
- Plug in your crockpot and follow cooking instructions. I usually place the meat in the crockpot before I leave for work, so I place it on low to cook for 8 hours. Sprinkle Primal Palate Taco Seasoning on meat and place cover on.
- When your ready to cook the paleo stuffed peppers, pre-heat the over to 375. Place frozen cauliflower rice in a steamer or on the stove top until no longer frozen. While the cauliflower rice is steaming, cut the peppers in half and remove the seeds. I never get all of them, don’t stress.
- Mix the cauliflower rice, meat, green onions and red onions in a bowl and mix well. Place the pepper halves in a pan, and place the meat and cauliflower rice mixtures in the peppers. Place in the oven for 10 minutes, or until slightly browned.
- Serve with your favorite toppings, including avocado and grape tomatoes.