A delicious gluten free alternative to a family favorite, this paleo shrimp scampi features few ingredients and comes together in a pinch.
- 1 pound Shrimp
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp favorite Italian Seasoning
- 1 whole spaghetti squash
- 1 handful spinach
- Start by preheating the oven to 450. If you can, cut the spaghetti squash in half and remove the seeds. Spray with oilive oil spray and season with salt and pepper. Place each half cut side up on a cooking sheet in the oven for 45 to 50 minutes or until tender (you don’t have to cut them in half, you just won’t get the same roasted flavor as if you did)
- While the spaghetti squash is cooking, place a medium saucepan on the stovetop on medium heat and place the oilive oil, shrimp and seasoning. Let simmer, flipping the shrimp every few minutes to get them evenly cooked. You’ll only need a few minutes on each side.
- Once the shrimp is fully cooked, remove, and place a handful of spinach in the saucepan for a few seconds to get a slight roast.
- Once the spaghetti squash is fully cooked, remove from the oven and using a fork, remove the spaghetti strands from the squash. Mix in the roasted spinach.
- Place the cooked shrimp on top and enjoy.
Feel free to use any paleo friendly pasta alternative you would like! Spaghetti squash is great, but you can also use zucchini noodles or butternut squash noodles.
- Serving Size: 2 cups
- Calories: 127
- Sugar: 0g
- Sodium: 135mg
- Fat: 4.1g
- Saturated Fat: 0.6g
- Unsaturated Fat: 3.2g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 0.2g
- Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 22.8g
- Cholesterol: 182.5mg
Keywords: spaghetti squash scampi, shrimp scampi, gluten free shrimp scampi