This paleo salmon tacos recipe is the perfect kick your Taco Tuesday! Use Siete Cassava Flour tortillas for a paleo-friendly taco that anyone can enjoy.
Please note that this post does contain affiliate links, in which I will receive a small commission if you visit the links and make a purchase. The products listed here are products that I know and trust, and use myself! I only share products that I believe in, and feel comfortable suggesting to you.
Gluten Free Tacos for Everyday Life
Tacos give me absolute life. There’s something so perfect about these little bundles of joy, and you can totally customize them to fit your mood. Feeling a little spicy? there’s a taco for that.
After I changed my way of eating over to a more paleo-friendly way of eating, the tacos ended up becoming lettuce wraps. Absolutely nothing wrong with that. During my stress eating phase, I ate double wrapped burritos (that’s TWO tortillas!) tacos, you name it. So taking a break from tortillas was necessary.
But then Siete tortillas came into my life.
These tortillas were a major game changer for me. Paleo-friendly, these tortillas serve as the perfect carrier for paleo salmon tacos!
I’ve always been more of a traditionalist when it came to tacos and fillings, and the thought of putting fish in there seemed wrong. Until I actually tried it. These paleo salmon tacos are the perfect mix of flavor and spice, and you won’t even know there’s a fish in there.
Paleo Salmon Tacos Recipe
Ever since I learned how to pan fry salmon, that is literally the only way I fly now. For these paleo salmon tacos, I used the wild caught salmon from Trader Joe’s. I notice that sometimes frying salmon that isn’t frozen tends to stick to the pan, so make sure you are using a good amount of cooking spray. I like getting wild caught salmon because I know the only thing in them is what they ate from nature, it bugs me when I see “color added” on the salmon packaging. Salmon is pretty enough as is.
For the seasoning, I used Primal Palate’s new Taco seasoning. What’s great about these spices is a little goes a long way. If you’re healing digestive issues like I am, or just can not handle spicy things, about 1/4 of a teaspoon of the seasoning should be good. If you are crazy, pour more. Life is meant to be lived right?
If you want to enjoy the tacos without the tortilla, try my paleo taco salad recipe.Print
These paleo salmon tacos are the perfect addition to any fiesta or Taco Tuesday. They are grain-free, gluten-free and tasty enough for even the pickiest of fish eaters!
- Pre-heat the oven to 445.
- Start by heating up a non stick skillet on the stove on medium heat. Heavily coat the pan with cooking oil.
- Place the salmon skin side down. Spray the top side of the salmon with cooking oil and season. Make sure to move the salmon frequently so it doesn’t stick. Cook for 5 – 7 minutes.
- Flip the salmon over, cooking for another 5-7 minutes, or until slightly browned.
- Flip the salmon back over so the skin side is down, and place in the oven for an additional 15 minutes.
- Pull the salmon from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes. Using a fork, shred the salmon.
- Using your cooking oil, place the tortillas in a pan on medium heat, and let cook on both sides for a few minutes for crispy tortillas.
- Place all of the fillings inside the tortillas and enjoy!