The perfect treat for pumpkin addicts and newbies alike, these paleo pumpkin spice donuts are gluten-free, grain-free and comes together in 30 minutes for a delicious paleo donut recipe!
Please note that this post does contain affiliate links, in which I will receive a small commission if you visit the links and make a purchase. The products listed here are products that I know and trust, and use myself! I only share products that I believe in, and feel comfortable suggesting to you.
Paleo Pumpkin Treats
Tis the season my friends to pumpkin all the things. The Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte is already on the streets, that’s like the kickoff. So I guess it’s acceptable now for these donuts to hit the streets.
I love a good pumpkin all the things as the next person, but it also packs a nutritional punch. Pumpkin is loaded with fiber, antioxidants and vitamins.
Make sure when you’re buying canned pumpkin at the store to get a variety with minimal ingredients, pumpkin pie varieties usually come with added sugar.
Paleo Pumpkin Spice Donuts
The best part about these donuts? My husband HATES the taste of pumpkin. That means I can eat all of these without him touching one.
These paleo donuts are super easy to toss together, and they are done in less than 30 minutes.
I use coconut nectar for the sweetness because it also gives it a maple-like taste without the sugar overload. What is coconut nectar? Coconut nectar is the sap from the flowers of the coconut tree, while coconut sugar is just dehydrated coconut nectar. It’s heated just enough to thicken, but not raise the fructose levels.
If you’re looking for more breakfast ideas I’ve got you covered with a few other blog favorites: Paleo Bagels, Paleo Pumpkin Spice Spaghetti Squash Oatmeal (a favorite), and Paleo Cauliflower Oatmeal.Print
A delicious paleo friendly donut that features the rustic pumpkin flavor with a refined sugar free icing!
- 1 1/4 cup blanched almond flour
- 1/4 cup arrowroot powder
- 2 tbsp Primal Palate Pumpkin Spice
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp pink sea salt
- 2 eggs
- 3 tbsp coconut oil melted then cooled
- 1/4 cup coconut nectar
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
- I used Simple Mills vanilla frosting for the icing and mixed it with coconut nectar, a splash of hemp milk and coconut oil
- Pre heat the oven to 350.
- Take a donut pan and spray it with avocado oil spray. Set the pan aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the eggs, coconut oil, coconut nectar and pumpkin.
- In a smaller, separate bowl, add all of the dry ingredients together.
- Slowly add all of the dry ingredients with the wet and mix well.
- Place the batter in the donut pan molds, making sure not to fill the mixture over the center.
- Place in the oven for 20 minutes, or until you can remove a toothpick cleanly.
- Let cool before placing the icing.
- For the icing, I placed the Simple Mills vanilla frosting, coconut nectar, hemp milk and coconut oil in a small saucepan over medium heat for a few minutes until the icing was slightly melted but not completely.
Make sure to store these away in an air tight container to enjoy later!
- Serving Size: 1 donut
- Calories: 287
- Sugar: 9.9g
- Sodium: 334mg
- Fat: 12.7g
- Saturated Fat: 6.2g
- Unsaturated Fat: 1.6g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 21.7g
- Fiber: 2.5g
- Protein: 6g
- Cholesterol: 62mg
Keywords: paleo donuts, gluten free donuts, pumpkin spice donuts