These delicious paleo pumpkin pie tarts are a great fall treat using minimal ingredients and a great quick treat the whole family will love!
Please note that this post does contain affiliate links, in which I will receive a small commission if you visit the links and make a purchase. The products listed here are products that I know and trust, and use myself! I only share products that I believe in, and feel comfortable suggesting to you.
There is just something so magical about the fall vibes I love so much. Growing up my favorite memories of this time of year include baseball playoffs, dressing up as Britney Spears in Baby One More Time for Halloween (ah teenage years) and all the food!
I will never walk around in a schoolgirl outfit again, but cooking is a tradition I will never let go of. One difference, is that my diet choices matured with my Halloween costume choices. Baking for the holidays is typically A LOT of sugar, wheat flour, artificial ingredients and stuff I’m just not a fan of anymore.
Paleo Pumpkin Pie Tarts
I wanted to switch it up a bit this year with these Paleo Pumpkin Pie Tarts. They are perfect for those who just want small portions, or for those who want to eat 10 and not feel guilty. These are refined sugar-free, gluten-free, dairy free.
These delicious healthy treats are also perfect for those who are doing the Whole 30 during the holidays. While desserts are usually not approved on the Whole 30, these are perfect for the holidays if you are not being too strict.
I made the crust with Wild Tree Farms pecan flour for a richer fall flavor. It also saved me the nightmare of trying to blend whole pecans in a blender. Feel free to use whole pecans if you have a food processor, but having it already chopped up in a flour is golden.Print
A refined sugar free, grain free Paleo Pumpkin Pie Tart recipie that’s perfect for any Whole 30 holiday treat!
For the crust:
- 2 cups of Wild Tree Farms pecan flour
- 1 egg or 1/4 cup of egg whites
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 3 tbsp coconut flour
- 2 tbsp Coconut Secret coconut nectar
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp pink sea salt
For the pumpkin filling:
- 1 can organic pumpkin
- 1/2 cup almond milk (or milk of choice)
- 1/2 cup Coconut Secrets coconut nectar
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
For the whipped topping:
- 1 can coconut milk
- 3 tbsp Coconut Secrets coconut nectar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- garnish of choice
- Preheat the oven to 350
- Combine all of the dry ingredients for the tart crusts in a large bowl. Mix in the egg and coconut oil, with the coconut nectar being last. It’s going to start forming little balls and it is going to be sticky.
- Using your hands, grab small handfuls of the pie mixture and place in the tart mold. Using a teaspoon, make a hole in the middle and flatten the mixture along the edges of the pan. Make sure you spray down the pan with olive or avocado oil before so they don’t stick.
- Place the pie molds in the oven for about 5 minutes to get them started (they will burn quick so make sure to keep an eye on them)
- While the pie crust is in the oven, combine all of the pie filling ingredients in a bowl and use a hand mixer to combine.
- Fill the pie crusts with the mixture, and place back in the oven for 15 to 20 additional minutes, checking midway.
- Place the paleo pumpkin pie tarts in the fridge overnight, also placing the can of coconut milk in the fridge as well.
- The next day, open the can of coconut milk and scoop out the cream at the top and place in a bowl. Combine with other ingredients and use a hand mixer to combine all ingredients.
- Spoon the whipped topping on the paleo pumpkin pie tarts and enjoy!