A grain free recipe for a classic breakfast staple
- 1 3/4 cup almond flour
- 2 eggs (, whisked)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2/3 cup almond milk ((or water))
- Whisk the eggs in a small mixing bowl first. Add in all of the dry ingredients, then add in the almond milk or water last. Mix or stir together till everything is combined.
- I find it best to let the mixture sit for a minute or two to get a thicker consistency. So in the meantime, heat the skillet to medium-high. I use coconut oil spray to coat the pan first (be careful it will make the house a little smokey, cool rock concert effect not so much for a Sunday morning). As you can see in the picture I use a large spoon to scoop out the batter to the pan. I like my pancakes a little crispy, so I let them cook for about 5 minutes but you can flip them sooner if you don’t like burnt pancakes.
- Once the pancakes are completely cooled, serve with your favorite toppings.
- I love to use Sunbutter Organic Sunflower Seed Butter and Big Tree Farms Organic Coconut Nectar in place of maple syrup. The coconut nectar has only 5 grams of sugar and is low glycemic, meaning it won’t spike your blood sugar like traditional maple syrup.