These paleo crispy smashed potatoes are as rich in flavor as they are crispy, and are the perfect gluten – free side to any Whole 30 meal plan or just to serve as a side at parties!
- For the microwave: Place the potatoes in a wet paper towel. Place the potatoes on a plate, and microwave on high for 5 – 7 minutes depending on the size of the potatoes. Make sure you can easily pierce the potatoes with a fork to make sure they are done. Let them cool completely before smashing.
- For the oven: Pre heat the oven to 445. Place the potatoes on a cooking sheet, and cover with cooking oil. Pierce each of the potatoes for a little extra help with the venting. Place in the oven for 30 minutes, or until the potatoes can be easily pierced with a fork. Let them cool before smashing.
- Cover a small frying pan in cooking oil and pre-heat on low.
- Using a large spatula, smash each of the potatoes until they are flattened but not completely broken.
- Place the smashed potatoes on the pre heated frying pan. Season the potatoes with your seasoning of choice.
- Cook each potato in the frying pan on each side for two minutes.
- Add garnishes if desired or dressing and enjoy.
If you are going to store this in the refrigerator, make sure they are completely cooled first. That way they won’t be soggy.
- Serving Size: 1 lb
- Calories: 20
- Sugar: 0g
- Sodium: 0.2mg
- Fat: 2.3g
- Saturated Fat: 1.9g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0.3g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 0.1g
- Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 0g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: rosated potatoes, smashed potatoes