This Whole 30 friendly Paleo Creamy Kale Soup packs a rustic flavor with gut healthy bone broth and bacon. It’s a loaded soup full of vegetables and protein that’s perfect for lunch or dinner (or even breakfast!)
Raise of hands, who frequently visited Olive Garden as a kid? Yeah me neither. But on those rare occasions that we did visit, I know one of the most popular items on the menu besides those salty breadsticks are the soups. I am only guessing soups and breadsticks are a perfect match. I wouldn’t know because the breadsticks never made it long enough to see the soups hit the table.
But when I did order soups, it was always the traditional chicken noodle that was my go-to. What can I say, I was a kid that knew what I liked. I was such a picky eater.
The funny thing is as I switched to a paleo style of eating, my tastes expanded and it opened up a whole new world of foods that if you would have asked me to eat as a kid I would have looked at you sideways. This paleo creamy kale soup would have been one of those instances. And if this was something on the Olive Garden menu, I’d order it for sure.
Paleo Creamy Kale Soup
This paleo creamy kale soup is all about the bacon, and I’m not even mad at it. That’s the first thing you’ll notice is how the bacon adds such a punch of flavor to the soup. Pederson Farms has some great whole 30-friendly bacon options to keep the soup 100 percent Whole 30 compliant.
My favorite bone broth to use in soups is Bonafide Provisions chicken bone broth. I love these because they include minimal ingredients for sensitive digestive systems, and doesn’t include any preservatives or stabilizers (so it’s best kept frozen). I recommend removing it from the freezer and placing in the refrigerator the day before you plan on making the paleo creamy kale soup.
I would serve this soup immediately, but it should be good in the refrigerator overnight for the next day. If you are a soup lover like I am, you can check out some of my other favorite soup recipes:
- 1 bag Bonafide Provisions Chicken Bone Broth
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 1 tbsp. coconut flour
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 cup shredded pre cooked chicken
- 1/4 cup pre cooked bacon
- 1 tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 tbsp. Paleo Powder AIP Seasoning
- 1 cup zucchini noodles
- 1 handful kale
- Place a large saucepan on the stove on medium heat.
- Add in the carrots, celery, garlic and seasoning with the olive oil and mix thoroughly. Let the vegetables sauté until slightly browned. Add in the chicken and bacon and let sauté for a minute.
- Add in the bone broth, making sure to not completely cover the veggies and meat. Stir and let come to a broil.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the coconut cream and coconut flour and whisk. Add the coconut cream mixture into the soup and stir until well combined. Reduce to a simmer.
- Add in the zucchini noodles and kale. Let simmer for 5 or so minutes before removing.
- Let the soup cool for 5 minutes or so before serving.