Coleslaw is one of those sides I’m always bummed out I have to skip at restaurants. There’s such a feeling of nostalgia with coleslaw, going to family picnics on a warm summer day chowing down on watermelon and coleslaw running around with no shoes and not a care in the world. When I switched over to a dairy free lifestyle, coleslaw was one of those things that had to go.
Until now 🙂
Enter in Sir Kensington’s mayo to the rescue. This paleo-friendly mayo is made with heart healthy avocado oil and tastes exactly like mayonnaise. I use this mayo for everything from tuna salad to burger toppings, and it finally hit me to put this together for a paleo coleslaw. I bought the broccoli slaw mix from Sprouts to make putting this together even easier. You can also buy a large red cabbage, 2 medium carrots and 1 green cabbage, but this paleo coleslaw is much easier when it’s all ready to go.
Just in time for summer picnics, this dairy free coleslaw is perfect for the entire family and takes little time to make.
- 1 package Sprouts Broccoli Slaw (or carrots, green cabbage, red cabbage)
- 1/2 cup Sir Kensington Avocado Oil Mayo
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup coconut nectar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- Combine mayo, apple cider vinegar and coconut nectar in a large mixing bowl and whisk till mixed thoroughly. Add in the salt and pepper and continue to stir.
- Add in the coleslaw mix (or carrots, green cabbage and red cabbage) and with a large spoon, mix till completely covered.