For the waffles:
- 3/4 cup of Birchbenders Paleo Pancake Mix
- 3/4 cup of almond milk ((you can use filtered water as well))
- 1 1/3 tbsp of oil
- 1/4 cup of chia seeds ((optional))
For the eggs:
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2–4 brown eggs
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp paprika ((optional))
- For the waffles: Turn the waffle maker on the medium cook setting. Make sure to spray down the waffle maker with a coconut or olive oil based cooking spray so the waffles don’t stick. Mix all of the ingredients together in a bowl, mixing until smooth. Pour the batter in the middle of the waffle maker, using your spoon to spread evenly over the maker. Let cook for 5 minutes, or until desired crispiness is achieved (I love everything a little on the crispy side, so I let go for a little longer). Once the waffles are done, remove from the waffle maker and place aside. The paleo pancake mix usually makes me 2 whole waffles.
- For the eggs: I’m pretty sure cast iron skillets are the best thing to happen to life. Coat the skillet with coconut oil, and let cook on low for a minute or two. Crack the eggs, and let them cook for 5 minutes, or until the eggs are cooked to your liking.
- I also took a half of an avocado, mashed it up, and placed the mashed goodness on the top of the bottom waffle. I placed spinach on top of the avocado mix, with the egg added as the grand finale. Feel free to have fun with this: add some Sriracha, chocolate, whatever 🙂