Why have I never had blueberry waffles before? I mean when it comes to food I’ve also been on the traditional side of the fence, but man blueberries just bring it up another level! I just love Birchbenders Paleo Pancake and Waffle mix. It’s so easy to toss together (base recipe calls for just mix, oil and water!). I added a little extra to make these paleo blueberry waffles something you definitely want to make for weekend brunch, #wafflewednesday or any day of the week!
I like to add Bob’s Red Mill Chia Seeds to the paleo blueberry waffles for a little extra fiber and taste. The fiber in chia seeds help you to feel fuller longer, and can assist in trying to keep to a regular eating schedule. Add a little bit of cinnamon for some blood sugar regulation, and you’ve got yourself a nutritious powerhouse in your paleo blueberry waffles.
A delicious and easy way to add a grain free twist on a weekend favorite.
- 1 cup Birchbenders Paleo Pancake and Waffle Mix
- 3/4 cup favorite nut milk or water
- 1 1/2 tbsp oil
- 1/4 tsp Bob’s Red Mill Chia Seeds
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 handful blueberries
- Plug in the waffle iron, and turn to medium heat setting. Place all the dry ingredients (minus the blueberries) in a mixing bowl, adding in the milk or water last. Fold in the blueberries.
- Using a large spoon, pour one spoonful of mix into the waffle iron. I like my paleo blueberry waffles a little on the crispier side, so cook to your desired liking (usually 5 – 7 minutes).
- Serve with your favorite toppings and sides.