Chocolate chia seed pudding is a great alternative to traditional, high sugar puddings you will find in regular grocery stores. It’s perfect for those mornings when cooking breakfast is just not an option, or a quick snack after a workout. Chocolate chia seed pudding is super quick to make, and most of the ingredients you’ll have lying around in the pantry anyways. I started making these recently because I like to take a break from eggs in the mornings every now and then and give my gut something a little easier to digest.
Chia seeds are little powerhouses of nutrition, high and omega 3 fatty acids to raise the good cholesterol. They are also high in fiber, which helps to keep you full longer. You can soak them overnight for maxed benefits, but this isn’t necessary for this chocolate chia seed pudding.Print
A great breakfast or post workout snack that the whole family can enjoy
- 1/4 cup chia seeds (I use Bob’s Red Mill)
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 tbsp cacao powder (I use Navitas Cacao Powder)
- 1 tbsp coconut nectar
- 1 scoop protein powder if desired
- toppings of choice
- In a mason jar or other enclosed jar, mix the coconut milk, coconut nectar, cacao powder and protein powder (if using). Place the lid on tightly, and shake vigorously until the mixture is well blended. Place in the fridge for 2 hours, or overnight for a nice quick breakfast on the go.
- When you remove the jar from the fridge, you can add a little more coconut milk if the pudding is too thick. Chia seeds absorb liquid quite nice, so it may be pretty thick. Add your favorite toppings, and voila, you have yourself a nice bowl of chia pudding.
- Enjoy this chocolate chia seed pudding for breakfast or after a workout.