A roasted chicken sausage and potatoes dinner that’s quick to toss together and great for the entire family.
- 1 package of pre-cooked chicken sausage ((I prefer french apple sausage when making this, but the flavor is totally up to you))
- 4 large red potatoes
- 2 tsp olive oil ((or avocado oil))
- 1 zucchini
- 1 yellow squash
- 1 white onion
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 pinch of chili flakes
- 1 tbsp Simply Organic chicken seasoning
- Start out by pre-heating the oven to 450 degrees. Chop up the red potatoes into small pieces and place on a flat pan lined with foil. Coat the foil with olive oil (or avocado oil – I like that stuff) so the potatoes will not stick to the foil. Place in the oven for 20 – 30 minutes or until slightly browned. In the meantime, start dicing up the zucchini, yellow squash and onion. Place to the side.
- When you have about 10 minutes left for the potatoes, start cooking the chicken sausages on medium heat. I like to use the pre-cooked chicken sausages as they are easier to work with for this dish. Let the chicken sausages cook for about 10 minutes.
- The roasted chicken sausages and the potatoes should finish cooking around the same time. Remove the chicken sausages from the frying pan and cut them into smaller pieces. Place the cooked red potatoes and the chicken sausages together in the large frying pan, adding in the zucchini, yellow squash and onion. Now it’s time to add the spices. Like I said above, use your own discretion on this. Add too much and you’ll be choking ( I wouldn’t know from experience or anything), add too little and you might not be able to taste it. Start out with 1/4 tsp and do a little taste test after a few minutes to see if you need more. The Simply Organics chicken seasoning should still be 1 tbsp as it adds a nice earthy flavor to the dish. Keep the dish cooking for about 10 minutes, stirring frequently to prevent anything from getting too burnt.
- Let everything sit for a few minutes after your finished cooking because trust me with all of the spices, it’s going to be hot enough.
This roasted chicken sausage with potatoes dish is great fresh, but also for leftovers the next day!
Keywords: roasted chicken skillet, roasted chicken and potatoes