Fight back first meal boredom with this paleo breakfast skillet with potatoes! A perfect make ahead meal, it also features just a few ingredients, and comes together in less than an hour!
Quick Morning Skillet
Most mornings cooking a full-blown, healthy breakfast, is near impossible. Between conflicting demands and the always present Instagram updates, getting in a healthy meal usually comes last. Add kids to the equation and I’m sure it’s not much easier (I have to feed two dogs and that’s a chore in its own right. That’s where this paleo scramble comes in for the win.
This quick and easy paleo friendly meal features a variety of ingredients that can be mixed and matched to meet different tastes of the family. I included basic ingredients for making a bowl, or a burrito. I like to make it with grass-fed ground beef, mixed with Sir Kensington’s Chipotle Mayo for a little extra zing. If your like me and really can’t hang with the spicy foods, feel free to cut the suggested amount in half. You can also use any protein you prefer in this recipe, I’m just a huge fan of grass fed ground beef.
Breakfast Skillet with Potatoes
A meal that’s perfect for the entire family, it can be prepared on Sunday and stored away in the fridge for quick meals during the week. Feel free to sub out the ground beef for any protein of choice. What’s great about this recipe is that you can toss it together with basically anything you have on hand.
Feel free to serve as a breakfast bowl with cauliflower rice and chopped green onions, or on a Siete paleo tortillas for delicious burritos. Siete tortillas come in different varieties including almond flour, coconut flour and cassava flour so there are options for all different tastes. If you include the eggs with this recipe, feel free to include that bad boy in the burritos as well, the runny yoke is the star of the show.Print
The perfect make ahead meal, it’s also gluten free, dairy free and a great way to start the day!
- 1 lb Grass Fed Ground Beef
- 1 tsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp All Purpose Seasoning
- 3 each Red Potatoes
- 2 oz Jalapeños
- 1 cup Grape Tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 2 each Eggs (if desired)
- Preheat the oven to 450. Line a cooking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Cut up the red potatoes and toss in a bowl with the olive oil and all purpose seasoning. Place in the oven and set the timer for 30 minutes.
- Begin cooking the ground beef by turning the stovetop on medium heat. After about 5 minutes, add in the chipotle mayo and spices and stir, cooking until brown all the way through. Once the potatoes are done cooking, add them in as well and continue to cook on a low setting.
- If you want to include eggs, dig a little trench in the scramble with your fork, and very carefully crack open the eggs and place in the openings (I’m still working on mastering this one). Cook till desire consistency is achieved.
Make sure to store any leftovers in the refrigerator for up to two days.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 301
- Sugar: 4g
- Sodium: 55.2mg
- Fat: 4.2g
- Saturated Fat: 1.1g
- Unsaturated Fat: 2.2g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 88.9g
- Fiber: 50.1g
- Protein: 8.1g
- Cholesterol: 74.4mg
Keywords: breakfast skillet, breakfast skillet with potatoes